How much freedom is there in building worlds

SwiftlySwiftly United States
I am becoming interested in this game from a building perspective but the idea's i have are more steampunk related than just the normal fantasy genre. Which leads me to believe I will need to build new types of combat and crafting skills in addition to the normal environmental building. Is this something that can be achieved now or in the future?

I apologize if this question is to general just rambling thoughts as I contemplate purchasing the game.

Thanks.

Comments

• Yes, it can be achieved.
    And check regions to come (like Londinium or Terminus) for they may have assets you will want to use:
    http://shardsonline.com/game/#WorldofShards
  • Can the map be changed/re-done? I've spent an ungodly amount of my spare time doing from-scratch map building and decorating for an UO freeshard I was having just for creativity sake, never intended to get it online even for the public. :D
  • Not yet, but it will be as soon as custom assets get included.
    Map creating is a must for community servers.
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    Supposedly Custom Maps, Custom Assets will make it possible to create a fully custom world (if you have the skills) when it goes into beta (A long time away)
  • Can the map be changed/re-done? I've spent an ungodly amount of my spare time doing from-scratch map building and decorating for an UO freeshard I was having just for creativity sake, never intended to get it online even for the public. :D
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    It will be possible to create totally custom maps.