Legends of Aria Community Q&A

Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
edited March 23 in General Discussion
Please use this thread to pose questions to the team regarding Legends of Aria.

We will be responding to multiple batches of questions periodically. These will be published on our News Page.

Any off topic discussion will be moderated.

If you know the answer to a question from newer players, please quote the user in your response and give a brief answer.

Comments

• Hey, i've just tried to pledge but it just says no payment options available at the bottom of the page, is that a problem on my end?
  • Hey, i've just tried to pledge but it just says no payment options available at the bottom of the page, is that a problem on my end?

+1
  • naturegroupnaturegroup London
    edited March 20
    will everyone be able to mod the game or is that only gonna be available to people who pledged $200
    and if so when roughly?
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 20
    AFAIK, ALL purchasers of Shards/Aria will be able to run a server. I believe its after Beta..
    But I could be wrong. The $200 Pledge was for Pre-Alpha Admins way back when

• SO custom assets have been pushed off again till the fall?

SO custom assets have been pushed off again till the fall?

Winter according to the newly updated roadmap
  • How does the world differ in Aria? I.e. Is it completely seamless vs the zone-system?
  • How will Fishing fit into the security level design concept that will be implemented? Will different bodies of water in different security zones offer varying chances to fish up maps? Will different level maps require require certain bodies of water in certain security zones?
  • How will Fishing fit into the security level design concept that will be implemented? Will different bodies of water in different security zones offer varying chances to fish up maps? Will different level maps require require certain bodies of water in certain security zones?

I think this question is great, and could be formulated in an even more general form: How will risk and reward be tied to the security zones?
  • FuddyFuddy California
    Will there be another wipe between now and steam release?

Will there be another wipe after steam release?
  • they'll wipe before steam and that's it. at least that's the latest info.
  • naturegroupnaturegroup London
    edited March 23
    are they gonna post the answers to these questions?
  • @Miphon_CS said on discord that this thread here is the place for questions, so i guess he checks it occasionally
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Please keep the thread clear of anything but questions. If you have an answer to a general question then please quote the person in giving a short response.
  • will we be able to start modding our own server in the alpha 2 after the 28th of april?
  • will we be able to start modding our own server in the alpha 2 after the 28th of april?

It depends what you mean by modding. You have the different phases in the wiki: http://legendsofaria.gamepedia.com/Category:Modding
    You can mod your own server right now, no need to wait til 28th april.
    If you want custom assets (phase 2) you'll have to wait some more, till winter aprox.
    See the roadmap: https://www.legendsofaria.com/development-roadmap/
  • LogainLogain Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    1. If I'm taking a $40 pledge now, can I start modding during the 1 week Steam Headstart already?
    2. Roughly what magnitude of NPCs should one expect per shard / how are you going to limit resources on servers hosted through you?
    3. Are all NPC creatures featuring persistent script execution despite players not seeing them, or only the ones in a village (like Samogh the Blacksmith ;) )?
    4. Is there a list of hardwired conditions? E.g. are the skill maximums of 50 soft-coded or hard-coded?
    5. Is the client UI (going to be) modifiable?
    6. Can the LUA scripts poll Data from the clients (such as cursor position)?
  • LogainLogain Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    There is no way to avoid PayPal when pledging, or is there?
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    How will players be able to specialize in the prestige system? Is it any combination of 200 skill points already gained or a certain amount of skills points in a particular combat skill?
    There's currently 5,900 attuned mortals. Is there currently enough room in New Celador to house 6,000+ players?
  • LogrusLogrus Citadel Team Administrator
    Logain said:

?
    2. Roughly what magnitude of NPCs should one expect per shard / how are you going to limit resources on servers hosted through you? Not sure about this question, but NPCS are pretty much agnostic to player presence.
    3. Are all NPC creatures featuring persistent script execution despite players not seeing them, or only the ones in a village (like Samogh the Blacksmith ;) )? yep.

4. Is there a list of hardwired conditions? E.g. are the skill maximums of 50 soft-coded or hard-coded?
    Almost nothing is hardwired. Consider the server to simply be the handler for communication between clients, and location tracking. Skills, stats, systems, are all in lua and can be replaced, removed or modified.
    5. Is the client UI (going to be) modifiable? Eventually (Dev roadmap)
    6. Can the LUA scripts poll Data from the clients (such as cursor position)?

Lua scripts are server side and do not trust client side data. Clients can make requests or respond to action requests from the server(targeting, picking up, dropping, menu selection, ui responses).

Left out number one since its above my paygrade :D

• So I am confused about the blog and this QA thread. When and where are we going to get answers to some of the questions that have been posted in here? Several questions in this thread were not answered in the blog. And those same questions have lingered in this QA thread for weeks with no answers.
  • I was a 10 year vet of UO, glad to see something new coming
    Its NOT UO2...
  • Yeah but it'll fill that void for a lot of people including me so let them enjoy that ffs.
  • Its NOT UO2...

but as close as you can get ^^
  • Lord RoserLord Roser tombarry19@gmail.com
    edited April 12
    Hotkeys. I think most of us here know how UO hotkeys work and can understand the immense level of game control that they provide, can we expect Legends of Aria to have similar controls?

Shards online had some very poor hotkey controls that made using 3rd party apps necessary for stringing together complex sets of actions. During this time it was said by the CS team that hotkeys would be something that would be in before steam.

Are hotkeys still on the table? What are the plans for providing an advanced set of controls for the more experienced players?
  • Are there engancements planned for the hotbars? Putting on and off the item, putting a second item (shield or dual wield)
  • I would like to know how our little collision problem is going? :) I noticed no one asked about it in the roundtable, and I wasn't able to make it :(
    Will there be prestige crafting skills?